- Exterior Change Request
The Owner(s) requesting to make the described addition, alteration, or modification by submitting this form acknowledges and agrees to comply with the following:
- The applicant and any subsequent owner is wholly responsible for all initial and recurring costs and liability associated with installation, maintenance, and repair of the described alteration. The Owner further assumes all responsibility for any damage to any common elements and/or injury that may occur as a result of the alteration and shall minimize interference and inconvenience to others.
- Any approval granted by the Association shall be contingent upon all work being performed in accordance with all applicable laws, codes, ordinances, and regulation of any government and/or agency(ies). It will be the responsibility of the Owner to obtain at his/her cost all necessary certificates, permits, and licenses required by such agencies and to provide the Association with copies of same, as required.
- To abide by the decision of the Association. If the modification is not completed as approved, said approval can be revoked and the modification will be required to be removed by the Owners at their expense or modified to the acceptance of the Association. The Owner shall be responsible for all reasonable costs and expenses to ensure compliance with Association standards, including attorney’s fees.
- All approvals granted shall be in writing and automatically expire in six (6) months. Work shall be completed expeditiously once commenced be completed in a good workman-like manner, within a time frame acceptable to the Association.
- If an Exterior Change Request is wholly or partially denied, the applicant may resubmit their request, further detailing its merits. The Association shall re-review the request and render a final decision.
How to Request an Exterior Change
The deed restrictions for most communities require that the Board of Managers or Architectural (Standards) Committee review all exterior “additions, alterations, and modifications …”. The filing and approval of all applications are essential so that the character of the community will be maintained, the rights of all residents are respected, and to review that no alteration will create a hazardous condition, interfere with the Association maintenance operations, or endanger the integrity of structures.
Prior to initiating an exterior change, the requesting owner must submit written plans to the Association, care of the managing agent, CYC Realty Management via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the required attachments or hard copy sent via USPS to Corey LaPoint, CYC Realty Management, 12 Avis Drive, Suite 9, Latham NY, 12110.
To expedite requests, complete the Exterior Change Request Form to provide complete and detailed information, such as …
- Exact location
- Specific materials
- Color(s) to be used
- Impact on structure
Aesthetic standards for each community vary and specific requirements are outlined in the Association’s governing documents. You may contact the managing agent (CYC Realty Management) for additional information and assistance.